Wednesday 16 January 2013

Frosty Wednesday

I don't think the temperature has been above freezing all day...the roofs are white and the pavements icy.  I believe snow is forecast again on Friday.

Thankfully I have been able to stay in and work on my orders this week.  I have been asked to make a little jacket, hat and shoes for a baby boy that is going to be christened in March.  I ordered the wool last week and it arrived this morning so I was able to make a start on it this afternoon.

His mum has chosen a coffee and cream colour scheme and the jacket is a lovely double breasted style.  She couldn't decide on the style of hat so I am going to make a peaked cap and also a traditional style hat with ear flaps that fastens under the chin.  I'm quite looking forward to seeing the outfit completed.

I spent the morning finishing up a crochet cocoon I've been working on.  I even got the camera out and did the photographs (not a task I enjoy) and listed it in my  ebay shop.






For tea I cooked some warming mushroom soup with home baked rolls and as a little treat I did a sponge pudding with lashings of custard...real comfort food!

This evening I am going to go for a lovely soak in a hot bubble bath before settling down to more knitting.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet :)) Baby looks beautiful in the cocoon you have crocheted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you :-) I will let you into a little secret...my model is actually a baby doll...she does look very realistic in the photos x

    ReplyDelete