Friday 4 January 2013

Friday

A day spent pottering around at home.  Hubby is still full of a cold and feeling out of sorts so what better than a comforting home-made soup for dinner.

I make lots of home-made soup, they are nutritious, cheap to make, can be made with whatever you already have in and don't take an age to cook.

Today I made curried carrot and parsnip soup and very tasty it was too and so simple to make.

I chopped about 6 medium sized carrots and 1 parsnip...(I don't really measure ingredients for soup I just use whatever is to hand)

To this I added about a heaped teaspoon of curry powder, two vegetable stock cubes, 1 litre of water and 1tsp of coriander.

Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20mins. Put into the blender and whizz everything together and walla...you have soup!

I always have some stand  by ready to bake rolls in the cupboard so into the oven they went for 12mins and dinner was sorted.


I still haven't settled to any knitting but I have been crocheting baby hats today.  I think once hubby goes back to work next week I will be able to get back into my 'normal' routine and the knitting will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment