Friday 20 January 2012

A Treat for The Weekend..

It's been such a dreary, wet day today that I fancied making us a treat for the weekend.  I have made this dessert before and believe me not only is it sooooo easy to make but it tastes absolutely delicious.

Key Lime Pie
75g butter
225g crushed gingernut biscuits (you could use digestives instead)
1 Medium Carton Double Cream
Juice of 4 Limes 
397g can of condensed milk


I start off my weighing out my butter and popping it into the microwave to melt.


Meanwhile I blitz the gingernuts in the processer until they resemble breadcrumbs


Next mix the biscuits and melted butter together and press into the base of your tin.  The tin is then popped into the fridge to chill.


Whilst the base is chilling prepare the filling.  I always pop my limes into the microwave for about 40 seconds as this helps to maximise the juice from them. 


Place the condensed milk, double cream and the lime juice together in a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy.  This happens in a very short time probably less than a minute.


Spoon the cream mixture onto the chilled biscuit base and pop into the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight if you prefer


I decorated the top with chocolate flakes but sliced fruit works equally as good. 



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment