Tuesday 21 February 2012

Socks....

I've got the sock bug again!!


One of my knitting friends sent me two balls of this lovely sock yarn as she hasn't really the time to make socks and as a thank you I made her the pair above.  She loved them...which made me so happy!

Me being me I can never stop at one pair and with all those gorgeous yarns to work with I had to cast on another pair immediately.

I bought some sock yarn from Black Sheep Wools sometime last year and it has been hidden away in my stash so all I had to do was decide on a pattern.

Browsing the numerous sock patterns on Ravelry I came across this lovely pattern by Adrienne Ku for these Simple SKYP Socks...pattern here


I really enjoyed making them and the only thing I did differently was to change the shaping of the toe section.
They are an easy knit which means I can catch up with my tv programmes whilst knitting.  They don't require too much concentration and I would be happy to make them again.

Kemps Wools have some lovely sock wool on offer at the moment so I had to purchase a few balls for my next project......Boot Socks!


No comments:

Post a Comment