Tuesday 2 August 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

The weather has been terrible here today...I was awaken about 6.30am with the rain beating against the bedroom window. I had a peep outside and the rain was literally bouncing off the floor it was so heavy.  
It has been quite warm and humid here for the past couple of days so I thought that maybe the rain would help to clear the air but to no avail as it is still so stuffy.  
Needless to say we have had a few more downpours throughout the day.....I felt so sorry for a young man stood waiting for a bus this afternoon, he was wearing a short-sleeved t-shirt with jeans and the heavens decided to open, the poor lad was literally dripping wet.  The rain came so fast and furious that the road outside our house looked like a stream.  Thankfully we live on a slight hill so no fear of flooding.


Nasty weather aside I have been catching up with some knitting.  Here are the little bonnet sets that I made with the snowball wool.  The yarn is quite fiddly to knit with and once I have used up the balls that I have in my stash I won't be buying any more.  I think I prefer the all cream set to the white and pink.


I made these sets to fit 3-6 Months and added a simple pair of stocking stitch mittens with drawstring ties.  I think they will be great for the winter.


I've listed them for sale on my website: 


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love the cream set too. It looks wonderful. I can imagine it's hard to work with.
    We've had some rain too, but luckily no complete downpores. It's warm and humid at the moment, but with a little wind, so it's bearable and we are finally sitting outside. We haven't done that much yet, because it was too rainy or too cold ; )
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete