Tuesday 26 February 2013

My Next Blanket

I felt the urge to start on a new blanket....I've chosen to make the Rose Trellis Afghan.  It is a free pattern and can be found here.


The shades I'm using are a very pale peach (although it looks pink in the pics) a fresh minty green finishing with a surrounding of  bright white.


I am going to veer from the pattern slightly and use a join as you go method rather than work the openwork trellis between the squares.  The pattern calls for 30 squares - 5 squares wide by 6 squares long.   I almost have enough done for the first strip


I am aiming to finish at least two squares a day :-) 

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I love the soft colors that you are using. Your work is outstanding. Enjoying browsing. Certainly will be back to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you so much. I have added quite a few squares now so will post a 'progress' pic soon. x

      Delete
  2. Hi Jacqui.. love the colours you have chosen.. Beautiful work.. Lovve the little booties.. So cute.. :)

    ReplyDelete