Thursday 3 January 2013

Back to 'Normal'

Today has been spent packing away the Christmas baubles, tree and trimmings for another year.  I felt quite sad to be taking them down.  Christmas seems to have flown this year and this evening I am already missing the twinkling of the tree lights.  I always feel that the house looks so bare when all the decorations are packed away and it takes me a while to adjust to them not being there.

Once the tree was back up in the loft it was time to get on with giving everywhere a good clean and tidy.  My normal routines fall by the wayside over the holidays so it felt good to be able to give everywhere a good dusting, hoovering and moping.

Hubby is not back at work until the 7th so we still have a few lazy days left before it's back to the early starts and day to day routines.  

I haven't any knitting on the needles so I need to sort that out as I always feel at a bit of a loss if I have no knitting to be getting on with.

Just before Christmas I made a chunky sweater for my daughter and an aran sweater for myself (pics to follow) but haven't thought about what I would like to knit next.

I received a lovely book as a Christmas present called The Gentle Art of Knitting so I am going to have a browse through and see what inspires me.


No comments:

Post a Comment