Friday 17 February 2012

Tommy..


Tommy is my latest knitting design.....I wanted to create a traditionally styled baby boy's set with a modern feel about it too

The design consists of a collared jacket which has a simple to knit 4 row eyelet pattern on the yolk and the collar.
The sleeves and body of the coat are worked in simple garter and stocking stitch


I tried 3 styles of hat to the outfit before I finally settled on the 'peaked cap' style to give me the look that I was trying to achieve. The eyelet pattern is worked as a band around the cap.

A cute pair of T-Bar style ankle strap shoes complete the set.

Once knitted up the outfit would make a perfect 'new baby' gift


Quick to knit using double knitting (light worsted weight) yarn and looks as good worked in one colour as it does in two.

If you would like to knit the set the pattern can be purchased from my website Tipeetoes.co.uk for baby knitting patterns 
 Ravelry where you can purchase an immediate download and also in my  Etsy Store or my  Ebay shop Precious Newborn Knits



No comments:

Post a Comment