Thursday 19 January 2012

A Bit of A Leak....

I had a dentist appointment yesterday morning and on returning home the first thing I did was to go into the kitchen to make a cup of tea.  I glanced up at the ceiling and saw that the plaster was bubbling away from the wall and a dirty stain was appearing on the white ceiling.....



I rushed upstairs to the bathroom as this sits directly over the top of our kitchen and around the bath was a pool of water....we must have a leaky pipe!

Hubby has sorted out our little disaster upstairs but now the kitchen needs some attention.  The plaster will have to be removed from the section of wall and ceiling and redone.  Thankfully my husband can sort this out and we will have to re-decorate (which I am secretly pleased about)

At the moment we have a terracotta shade on the walls with beech cabinets, white ceiling and white paintwork. I never really took to the colour the last time we painted but I had learnt to live with it!

I think this time around I fancy something completely different......an olive shade of green.....similar to this shade


Looking on the internet I have seen similar shades working well with the colour cabinets that we have.
I came across this picture whilst looking for inspiration last night.


I think it will work well in our kitchen as we have lots of light coming in so it won't be too dark.  I am quite looking forward to popping to the DIY Store soon and choosing the paint......although I can't say that I am looking forward to the actual painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment